An Award-winning Way With Tofu
This week, Aloha Tofu Recipe Contest winner Tracey Apoliona visits the show to share her winning recipe.
This show aired originally in October 2005.
ALOHA TOFU PATTIES
* 1 block firm Aloha Tofu
* 1 cup cooked flaked salmon, seasoned with garlic salt and pepper
* 1 cup chopped cooked shrimp (about one dozen)
* 1/2 cup crab meat (drain all moisture)
* 1 cup chopped water chestnuts (one can)
* 1 egg
* 1/4 cup diced green onions
* 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
* 1 tablespoon shoyu
* 1 1/2 cups panko
* black pepper and garlic salt, if needed
Mix all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
Form into patties and fry in about 3/4 cup cooking oil until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
Prepare dipping sauce. Arrange patties on a platter and drizzle with the sauce.
For Dipping Sauce:
* 1 cup sugar
* 1 cup shoyu
* 1 cup water
Watch “Sam Choy’s Kitchen” Saturdays at 6:30 p.m. on KHNL.