Cooking Up Island-style Breakfast Favorites
This week, Kelvin Ro of Diamond Head Market and Grill and Kapiolani Community College visits the show to cook up the following ono local-style recipes.
This show aired originally in October 2009.
PORK HASH LOCO MOCO WITH SNEAKY FRIED RICE
For Pork Hash:
* 2 cups diced slow-roasted pork butt (pork butt crusted with garlic, Hawaiian salt and black pepper), slow roasted at 300 degrees for four to five hours or until fork-tender
* 4 cups boiled potatoes, lightly smashed
* 1/2 cup chopped green onions
* salt and pepper, to taste
Mix and form patties. Pan fry until golden brown and crispy.
For Sneaky Fried Rice:
* 1/2 cup diced Portuguese sausage
* 1/4 cup diced bacon
* 1/4 cup diced round onion
* 1/4 cup chopped green onion
* 1/4 cup small diced carrot
SautÃ© all of the above and add 4 cups cooked brown rice (refrigerated and separated) oyster sauce, shoyu and Sriracha chili sauce, to taste.
Assemble with the fried rice on the bottom and the hash on top. Drizzle with some of your favorite brown gravy recipe and top it off with an over-easy or sunnyside-up egg.
Add your roast pork hash and eggs to the fried rice.
* 4 cups of prepared pancake batter (use your favorite pancake batter)
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 2 tablespoons melted butter
* 1 cup medium diced fresh banana
Grill until air bubbles do not collapse and turn once.
You must be logged in to post a comment.
There are no commentsAdd yours