Ono Okazuya Offerings
This week Chef Todd Matsumoto from Matsumoto’s Okazuya and Restaurant shows off some of his delicious offerings.
This show aired originally in November 2006.
* 1 boneless, skinless chicken thigh
* 1/2 ounce sliced round onion
* 1/2 ounce bamboo shoots
* 1/2 ounce reconstituted, sliced shiitake mushrooms
* 1 cup Matsumoto’s On the Go Sauce
* 1-2 eggs
*1 green onion, coarsely chopped
* 1/2 bowl steamed white rice
* pinch nori strips
Put first five ingredients in a 6-inch omelet pan. Cook until boiling, mixing chicken to cook evenly. Mix egg and green onions together. Pour evenly into pan and cover for 30 seconds or until egg is set. Gently slide mixture out of pan onto bowl of steamed rice.
Garnish with nori strips.
For Matsumoto’s On The Go Sauce:
* 1 cup mirin
* 3/4 cup dark shoyu
* 1/2 cup sugar
* 4 cups konbu dashi
* 4 cups shiro dashi
Put all ingredients into a saucepan and bring to a boil. Lower heat to simmer and reduce mixture by half.
PORK, BEEF OR CHICKEN TOFU
* 1/2 package udon noodles, or 2 ounces uncooked
* 2 ounces cooked and drained long rice
* 4 cups chopped won bok cabbage
* 1 stalk green onion, cut into 1-inch segments
* 2 slices round onion
* 2 slices carrot
* 2 slices bamboo shoots
* 1 reconstituted shiitake mushroom, cut in half
* 2 sprigs watercress
* 1/4 block firm tofu
* 1/2 cup diced chicken, pork or beef
* 2 cups
Matsumoto’s On The Go Sauce
Add all ingredients in order; bring to boil. Mix in meat to make sure meat is fully cooked. When meat is done, it’s ready to serve.