Trout And Potatoes With A Tasty Flair
This week Chef Martin Wyss and cookbook author Muriel Miura visit the show to prepare the following recipes.
This show aired originally in November 2009.
For Mushroom Sauce:
* 1/2 pound mushrooms, cleaned and sliced thin
* 1/4 cup white wine
* few drops lemon juice
* 1 chicken bouillon cube or 1 scant teaspoon chicken base
* pinch white pepper
* 1 tablespoon butter or canola oil
* 1 1/2 tablespoons flour
* 1/4 cup whipping cream
* few drops Maggi seasoning
* salt and white pepper, to taste
Place mushrooms, white wine, lemon juice, chicken base and white pepper in saucepan; bring to a boil. Simmer over medium heat until mushrooms are tender and cooked through.
Remove from heat and set aside. In another saucepan, make a roux: Melt butter over low heat, whisk in flour, stirring constantly. Strain mushroom liquid into roux; bring to a boil and add cream, mushrooms and Maggi and simmer gently for a few minutes. Check seasoning; add salt and white pepper if necessary.
Set aside; keep warm.
* 8 pieces (2-3 ounces each) trout fillet (or mahimahi, sole, perch or snapper)
* salt, to taste
* lemon juice
* 2 eggs, beaten
* 1/2 stick butter or 2 tablespoons canola oil
* 2 bananas, sliced lengthwise, quartered
* Mushroom Sauce (recipe above) For Garnish:
* chopped parsley
* lemon wedges
Season fish fillets with salt and lemon juice. Dust with flour and dip in egg; sautÃ© in butter or oil one to two minutes.
Place fish on mushroom sauce. SautÃ© bananas in 1 tablespoon butter or canola oil and place on top of fish.
For extra flavor and calories, pour a little brown butter over it, if desired.
Sprinkle with chopped parsley and garnish with lemon wedges.
* 2 tablespoons canola oil
* 2 slices bacon, chopped 2 tablespoons butter 2 tablespoons chopped round onion
* 4 cups frozen hash browns (grated cooked potatoes)
* salt and pepper, to taste
* 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
Heat nonstick flat skillet; add oil, bacon and butter. When the bacon is three-quarters cooked, add onions and sautÃ© for another minute. Add hash browns; add salt and pepper to taste and sautÃ© for two minutes or so.
Mix and pat into round skillet. Brown evenly on both sides until crisp and golden.
Slide onto platter and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
You must be logged in to post a comment.
There are no commentsAdd yours