Catering Favorites From Tanioka’s Team
This week we host Justin Tanioka and the crew from Tanioka’s Seafood and Catering. Alissa Lerner Kimura shares her Italian Chop Chop Salad, and Chef Jensen Endo shares a Crispy Spicy Ahi Roll.
This show aired originally in November 2009.
TANIOKA’S ITALIAN CHOP CHOP SALAD
* 2 cups chopped lettuce (romaine, butter or Manoa work best)
* 1 cup cubed steamed beets (fresh best)
* 1 cup canned garbanzo beans
* 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
* 1 cup chopped Goteborg Salami
* 1 cup crushed San Francisco Garlic Bagels Chips (can be found in the bread aisle in most stores)
Mix all ingredients in large bowl. Top with 1 cup torn arugula and 1 to 1 1/2 cups creamy Italian dressing.
Mix again and garnish with sliced avocado.
CRISPY SPICY AHI ROLL
* Tanioka’s spicy ahi
* maki sushi rice
* green onions
* nori (sheet)
* masago mayo sauce
* unagi sauce
* cooking oil
Cut a regular sheet of nori in thirds. Spread the sushi rice evenly onto the bottom half of the nori slice. Spread 1 heaping tablespoon of spicy ahi evenly in the middle of the sushi rice.
Lightly wet the top of the nori slice and hand roll (firm). Take roll and coat lightly with flour, then quickly dip in egg wash and roll in the panko.
Heat oil to 325 degrees. Deep-fry roll approximately two to four minutes for seared ahi, or five to eight minutes for fully cooked ahi. Drizzle unagi and masago mayo sauce over the rolls.